District 15 is not accepting new substitute teacher applications.
- Completed application and corresponding employment forms
- A valid teaching certificate for the current school year, registered with the McHenry County Regional Office of Education (requires a Bachelor’s Degree)
- Physician documentation verifying freedom from communicable disease, including a Tuberculosis skin test and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Acceptable documents that establish identity and employment eligibility as required by law
- Criminal Background Check
- Interview with the Director of Human Resources
Substitute packets are available in the
Board of Education Office or we would be happy to mail one to you.
Board of Education Office is located at:
1011 N. Green St.
McHenry, IL 60050
(815) 385 - 7210
Ongoing work as a substitute teacher is generally based on performance and such work may be limited to certain schools, grade levels and teachers at the discretion of the district. Service as a substitute teacher may be terminated at any time. From time to time the district may limit the number of substitute teachers based on student enrollment.