FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION OPENING SOON!
McHenry Elementary School District 15
McHenry Elementary School District 15 is excited to announce the implementation of full-day Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year. We have many exciting opportunities for our incoming Kindergarten families between now and the beginning of next school year. Our first important event, that you will not want to miss, is our Kindergarten Registration.
Parents should come to their child’s future school on registration night in order to complete the required documentation, including a questionnaire about your child’s development. If you prefer to complete and print the required documentation prior to registration, these documents can be found at https://www.d15.org/Page/425.
While students are not required to attend, daycare services will be provided for those parents who wish to bring their child. The Kindergarten registration fee will be $90.00 (full-day), $57.00 (AM Half-day); however, registration fees are not required at this time. Please contact your school at the number listed below or the McHenry School District Office at 815-385-7210 if you have any further questions.
Who is eligible: Any child who will be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2019
What to bring:
1. A copy of your child’s county birth certificate (can be obtained from the County Clerk’s office in the county where the child was born)
2. Proof of residency (utility bill, tax bill, apartment lease, etc.)
3. Optional: Completed and printed registration forms found online at https://www.d15.org/Page/425 (paper forms will be available at registration)
Find your child’s school:
If you are not sure which school your child will attend, please visit https://www.d15.org/Page/52 and enter your address in the box below the map.
Registration Night Schedule:
• Hilltop School: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, from 4:00-7:00 P.M.; 815-385-4421
• Edgebrook School: Monday, March 11, 2019, from 4:00-7:00 P.M.; 815-385-3123
• Valley View School: Wednesday, March 13 2019, from 4:00-7:00 P.M.; 815-385-0640
• Riverwood School: Thursday, March 14, 2019, from 4:00-7:00 P.M.; 815-344-7130
• Landmark School: Please contact the school office for more information; 815-385-8120
If you know someone who will be attending kindergarten next year or is new to District 15, we encourage you to share this news.