Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year at Edgebrook. I am looking forward to meeting all of the new families to Edgebrook as well as those families returning for another fantastic year!
There are just a few things that we need your help with throughout the school year:
- Please make sure that your child is at school on time. Students are expected to be in their classrooms at 8:35. Please do not bring your child to Edgebrook any earlier than 8:10 AM. For security reasons, all visitors to the playground must sign in at the main office.
- Also, if you choose to pick up your child at the end of the day please make sure you are at school promptly at 3:15 PM. Students will be waiting in the office area for their parent/guardian.
- Bus Stops can be a scary place for some children. If possible, please wait at the bus stop with him or her. Talk to your neighbors about the bus stop and plan to all be there together to make sure that all kids are safe getting to and from school.
- Help your child with homework! Find a quiet, neat place for your child to work, and then offer some help!
- Volunteer! There are many places at Edgebrook to volunteer. Our PTO has a number of opportunities for you to help, but we also need parents to volunteer in the classrooms. If you are interested in volunteering, please call Edgebrook, and someone will get back to you to talk about your interests.
- Come visit! If you would like to visit in the classroom or talk to the principal or assistant principal, please call to make an appointment so that conflicts can be minimized! Make sure to bring a photo ID each time you enter to visit a classroom.
- Talk to your child each and every night about the importance of school!
- Ask your child what they learned today. Don’t let him or her get away with answering, “Nothing!” It is important for your child to be able to tell you some interesting thing that was learned or a fun activity that he or she did!
Principal, Edgebrook School
Edgebrook Vision Statement: Edgebrook fosters a diverse community of learners working together to create an engaging environment which empowers each child to strive for excellence.