School Closure Home Support
Please visit the following links for additional resources to support your child’s learning and well-being during school closures.
- Share My Lesson: www.sharemylesson.com
- National Geographic: https://www.nationalgeographic.org/education/resource-library/?q=&page=1&per_page=25
- Field Museum: https://www.fieldmuseum.org/educators/learning-resources/plants-animals
- Lesson Planet: https://www.lessonplanet.com/
- The Learning Network: https://www.nytimes.com/section/learning
- Statistics in Schools: https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/sis/2020census/2020-resources.html
- EdEx: https://www.edx.org/
- Global Digital Library: https://www.digitallibrary.io/
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Learning Equality: https://learningequality.org/kolibri/
- Scholastic Learn at Home: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Amazing Educational Resoucrcs: http://amazingeducationalresources.com/
- How to Play Chess: chessity.com
- Book & Reading Engagement Kit: Home Edition: https://www.teachingbooks.net/show.cgi?f=engage
- South Cook Intermediate Service Center - Resources for School Closures
- Information for Parents/Adults for Free Activities
- Grammar Check: https://www.grammarcheck.net/editor/
Health & Well-Being Links & Resources:
- McHenry Public Library - Summer Lunch Information:
Woodstock Food Pantry
1033 Lake Ave.
Woodstock, IL 60098
Crystal Lake Food Pantry
42 East St.
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
FISH of McHenry Food Pantry
3515 N Richmond Rd.
McHenry, IL 60051
Find Food Pantry: https://www.foodpantries.org/
Ample Harvest: https://ampleharvest.org/find-
- Feeding America: US Hunger Relief Organization: https://www.feedingamerica.
- Low/No Cost Clinics: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EsaxTKielRN_V_fPe1RrkAP2Qzbp1lNu3yeGBZqcrAY/edit?usp=sharing
- Help with supplies and guidance: https://www.mchenrycountyil.
gov/county-government/ departments-a-i/health- department/covid-19-novel- coronavirus/community- resources
- Coronavirus: How to Talk to Your Child: https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/coronavirus-how-talk-child.html
- McHelp App Information - English Spanish
- Helping Numbers
- McHenry County Resources
Stay Connected with Technology:
- Comcast: Internet for Free and Reduced Families: https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
COVID-19 Information & Resources:
- COVID-19 Social Distancing
- What to do if you have confirmed or suspected coronavirus disease?
- What to do if you have symptoms of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and have not been around anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- What to do if you were potentiallyexposed to someone with confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- RELEASING COVID-19 CASES AND CONTACTS FROM ISOLATION AND QUARANTINE
- Who should I call about COVID-19?