Working at School District 15
There are many reasons why you should consider working for McHenry School District 15, including:
- Our mission is to attract, recruit and retain diverse, highly qualified employees who implement the educational objectives, which reflect instructional excellence and best practice for our children.
- We maintain and project to our staff and community, ethical and legal behavior that make us all better at what we do.
- We promote and model trust, respect, teamwork, credibility and collaboration.
- We are committed to ongoing quality improvement in our staff, students, and our surrounding community.
- We have a talented, compassionate, and professional workforce.
- We believe in having fun while getting the job done, offering many fun social community events throughout the year.
- We promote a collaborative, creative work environment, constantly looking for improvements and ways to better ourselves and the students.
Development and Support
- We promote staff development, working together and staff growth through various staff development programs.
- We offer mentoring and consulting services through the use of expert consultants who provide comprehensive workshops for teachers, administrators, and support staff.
- We are an organization which focuses on on-going staff development, and strive to maintain and execute essential staff development activities.
- Our curriculum is dynamic and current.
- We accept and encourage creative and innovative teaching techniques.
- The learning environment caters to all different learning styles.
- We provide our staff with the latest in technology using Chromebooks in many of the classrooms.
- Most classrooms are equipped with document cameras, projectors and Mobi's.
- We offer the certified teaching staff iPads and Apple TV's.
- We promote the use of technology for teaching and learning purposes utilizing Google Drive, PowerPoint, and other computer programs aimed toward benefiting the staff and students.
- There are 8 schools (6 elementary and 2 middle) offering early education, bilingual programs, and special education.
- We are located in a safe suburb approximately 50 miles north of Chicago. We have access to the Metra Union Pacific Northwest commuter line which provides easy access to Chicago and the surrounding areas. McHenry is a great community to live in with many area attractions and restaurants.
- We serve approximately 5,000 students and 800 employees.
For more information about the McHenry area, visit www.ci.mchenry.il.us